To enable staff and students alike, to have a fully functional Auditorium with blackout ability for theatre, plus the versatility to allow light in without the glare of the sun through the 6 metres plus, high glass wall.
To custom make fully electronic operational blinds.
These were run through side channels to give full blackout ability for plays and theatre productions.
The motor installed, together with the handset allows the blinds to be programmed to stop at the height of the glass doors, reducing the glare of the sun while allowing the doors to be in use for assembly.
All blinds can be operated individually or all together, various heights or operated simultaneously, as one to any stop level.
WHAT WE DID
- Designed unique square-sided channels to fit either side of existing pillars for the blinds to run through and to give complete blackout.
- Carefully protect the parquet flooring before assembling the mobile tower.
- Worked closely with the School’s on-site electrician, on this occasion.
- Tested the blinds and programmed them to stop at the top of the glass doors, operate all together or individually. The blinds can also be stopped at any height to suit.
- Cleared the area of waste, leaving neat and tidy.
- Enabled multi-function use of the Auditorium with minimum visual impact with boxed in Aluminium rollers. The blinds themselves are fitted with a soft edge for sound and protection.